- To provide engineers in the consulting industry with the business and soft skills which are inadequately addressed in their engineering training in matters such as project delivery, contractual and financial administration of projects, and the business aspects of consulting engineering.
- To provide engineers in the consulting industry who have some experience, and who have completed the basic course, with advanced skills in financial, business and human resource administration, and management of a consulting engineering firm, together with specialized training in selected fields of project delivery.
- To assist engineers in the consulting industry to understand the professional environment in which they work, including quality, moral and ethical issues.
- To lay the foundation for, and prepare engineers for a future management role in consulting engineering firms.
- To broaden the minds of engineers by providing an opportunity to network, interact and exchange views, ideas and knowledge with their peers.