Business of Consulting Engineering (BCE)
Before you apply of the BCE programme please note that you will need to commit to the following:
Every student must:
- Have a dedicated Mentor
- This can be the student’s supervisor or boss and in the case of an own business, another Consulting Engineer (Pr Eng or Pr Tech Eng) from another CESA member firm)
- Attend all 3 contact sessions/block weeks
- Complete 2/3 assignments each week
- Write a final exam at the end of the year
- Pay all registration fees before the programme starts (no exceptions)
STEP 1 – Applying for Registration
- Complete the on-line application form
- Upload and submit the following documents:
- A certified copy of the participants degree
- A brief CV
- A signed Co- operative agreement between the CESA/SCE, the Employer, and the participant.
- An automatic acknowledgement will be emailed to the learner confirming that the School of Consulting Engineering (SCE) has received the learner’s application. If the learner does not receive this acknowledgement, please contact the programme co-ordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org or 011 463-2022.
- Once the learner’s application has been checked and approved, the learner will be sent a confirmation letter and a Co-operative Agreement to be signed by:
- The signed 'Co-operative Agreement' must be returned to the programme co-ordinator on email@example.com within 7 working days of registering.
An invoice with the bank account details will be send to you within 3 working days. Should you not receive this invoice, please contact the SCE Bookkeeper on firstname.lastname@example.org or 011 463-2022
STEP 3 Payment
Full payment is due, no later than two weeks prior to the commencement of the first contact session/block week of the development programme.
(Choose Payment Method)
There are two types of payment options available namely
- Direct Deposit/EFT
- Credit card (Student/Employer needs to come to CESA’s office to process credit card payment)
Payment – Terms & Conditions
- Payment in full and proof of payment must be sent to the programme co-ordinator on email@example.com, at least two weeks prior to the commencement of the first contact session/block week of the development programme.
- A 10% administration fee is payable if you cancel less than 14 working days prior to the start of the module, even if we have not received payment, however a substitute can be made up to 24 hours prior to the start of the programme.
- In order to secure your place, advance booking is essential.
- If you fail to attend the module you will be liable for the 100% registration fee.
- CESA reserves the right to change dates and venues.
- If no e-mail confirmation is received, please call to confirm.
- No booking will be considered confirmed until proof of payment has been received.
Step 4 (Final Confirmation)
- A final confirmation will be send to you 7 days before the block week with all the relevant details.
Contact Us - For further information on how to apply please contact the:
Consulting Engineers South Africa (CESA)
P O Box 68482, Bryanston 2021, Johannesburg, South Africa
Building 9, Kildrummy Office Park, c/o Witkoppen and Umhlanga Rd, Paulshof, Johannesburg, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 463 2022
Fax: 086 668 3539 (011) 463 7383