CETA - CANDIDACY PROGRAMMES TO CULMINATE IN THE REGISTRATION
OF CANDIDATES IN DESIGNATED PROFESSIONS
CALL FOR ‘EXPRESSION OF INTEREST’ (EOI) FOR 150 CANDIDATES TO ENROLL IN A CANDIDACY PROGRAMME TO CULMINATE IN THE REGISTRATION OF CANDIDATES IN DESIGNATED PROFESSIONS.
CESA and SABTACO, in a joint venture have been awarded funding from the Construction Education and Training Authority (CETA), for the current year to embark on providing support (including financial support) to member firms/individuals to develop their Graduates/Candidates towards professional registration in a range of Built Environment (BE) categories. Depending on the success or otherwise this programme may be extended for a further 2 years.
This serves as an invitation to CESA and SABTACO members to send in an Expression of Interest to provide structured workplace training towards professional registration with either of the following BE Councils:
- Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)
- South African Council for the Quantity Surveying Profession (SACQSP)
- South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP)
- South African Council for Planners (SACPLAN)
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
- Graduates with Bachelor/BTech degrees required for professional registration by the councils listed above
- Candidates registered by the councils listed above (excluding Candidate Technicians)
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Priorities in terms of selection are previously disadvantaged individuals and in particular, females and persons with disabilities, but all applicants will be considered.
- All supporting documentation must be submitted together with the application, except for the Graduate /Candidate’s training plan, if not available at time of submitting.
- Graduates/Candidates with preferably more than 2 or 3 years’ working experience but a minimum of one year.
- Each application will be assessed based on the follow criteria:
- Technical capacity available to provide oversight and supervision,
- A Mentor for the Candidate
- Project experience required to achieve BE council outcomes specified for professional registration
- Availability of infrastructure (working space, email and internet access
- There is no limit to the number of qualifying Graduates/Candidates applying
- Graduates/Candidates must not currently be receiving funding for a similar programme.
- All online applications received by the deadline (1 March 2013) and who meet the eligibility requirements will be reviewed as a potential candidate for the programme.
- Successful applicants will receive a letter of confirmation, a Co-operative Agreement with further details and conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The Graduate/Candidate must be a full time or contract (minimum of one year to completion) employee, whose company is a member of CESA and/or SABTACO or who is an individual member of SABTACO.
- The Graduate/Candidate, Mentor, Supervisor and SABTACO/CESA organisation/SABTACO Individual will be required to enter into a Cooperative Agreement with SABTACO/CESA JV.
- The annual membership subscriptions to CESA and/or SABTACO must be up to date and the firm must be in good standing.
The SABTACO/CESA organisation or SABTACO member must ensure the following:
- If not already done so, the organisation to register a Commitment and Undertaking (C&U) with the relevant council/s
- If not already done so, register the Graduates as a Candidates with their relevant professional Council
- The Candidate must have a Mentor to oversee the implementation and completion of the programme. A registered Mentor will only be required if it is a requirement of the relevant Council.
- Be able to access a project/s and a technical supervisor/s oversight or to be rotated or transferred to other departments to be able to provide the required project experience and supervision
- Ensure that all reports and documents are submitted on time, which are comprehensible and of a high standard, as required by CESA/SABTACO JV and the relevant professional Council for registration
- A minimum of 50 hours of mentoring per annum for the Candidate, depending on locality, must be provided to the candidate by his company.
- Provide an e-mail address and access to the internet for purposes of research, assignments and monthly reporting.
- The Candidate to attend any supplementary technical or soft skills courses considered necessary - these would normally not exceed 6 days of training per annum.
- If the participating member firms/individuals do not have a training plan for their Candidates, it will be the firms’/individuals’ responsibility to use a portion of its funding to appoint an outside service provider to assist with this process. A list of approved service providers can be requested from the CESA/SCE website (www.cesa.co.za/sce).
- All Candidates selected for support should be South African citizens and must have a South African degree from a University, University of Technology or former Technikon.
- It is a requirement of the CETA that we check that all Candidates are earning more than R2 500.00 per month and have a bank account into which their salaries are being paid, and that the correct statutory deductions are being made. We would therefore also ask for payslips to be submitted
- Each Candidate’s firm/Individual will be allocated R40 000.00 per Candidate/year and will be paid according to prescribed milestones and mandatory reports submitted to CESA/SABTACO via the CESA Ment-A-net.
- The above funding may be used for the following:
- Subvention of the candidates salary
- Developing the candidate’s training plan
- Related courses towards up-skilling the candidate
- Mentoring support
- All data, knowledge and documents communicated will be treated in the strictest confidence.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Member firm/Individual’s organisation must complete the online EOI form on behalf of each Graduate/Candidate. (www.cesa.co.za/mentanet)
- Upload all supporting documentation to the online application form in either pdf or jpg format.
- Ensure you click on the ‘submit’ button for the EOI online application. A confirmation page will appear after submission. Please either save or print as proof of submission.
- The deadline for submissions is 1st March 2013
For enquires contact Noxy Ndlovu on firstname.lastname@example.org or (011) 463 2022
The disbursement will (only) be paid by EFT directly to the Candidate’s employer’s bank account, at regular intervals, once milestones and periodic reports have been received, checked and verified.
- All information contained in this Expression of Interest (EOI) or subsequently provided is done so in good faith. This request to submit an EOI is not an agreement and is not an offer or invitation to enter into an agreement of any kind with any party.
- CESA and SABTACO reserve the right to accept/reject any Expression of Interest (EOI) from parties without assigning any reasons whatsoever.